Air Asia - Deportation from the Myanmar Gov

53 of 115 Air Asia reviews

Print all In new window

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is Phone Kyaw. I live in Perth, Australia. On 15 of December 2015 I went to Myanmar from Perth with my family. At the airport in Perth, a lady at counter for check in did not tell me about my deportation. I believed the Air Asia have got the notification letter about deportation from the Myanmar government. She only explained me about my visa. She explained my visa is only 28 days. You booked 29 days of air Asia. I believe she is not a officer from Immigration.

Air Asia should inform me if they got a letter from the Myanmar government. I believe they got it. If I know my situation that I am in black list of Myanmar government, I will not go to Yangon on that date. I did not know anything. So I went to there and I was deported. The Yangon airport authority explained nothing about why I am in black list.

I lost two bags. One was found. But I still lost one. I lost accommodation booking in Yangon and KL. I lost travelling cost including taxi fee.

Because of the Air Asia lack of duty of care, I have lost my plan that I prepared in six months ago.

Therefore, Airasia has a responsibility to compensate my loss. Airasia should have notified me about the deportation letter from Myanmar Government the received from the Myanmar government. But you did not.

I hereby ask Airasia you must refund everything I lost. Otherwise, I will sue thourgh the Australia government.

Yours Sincerely,

Phone Kyaw

Perth (0434450238)

wgdperth@gmail.com

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Air Asia Flight Booking
Review category
Transport
review #761404

Author wants to be contacted by the company. Learn more

Had an experience with Air Asia? Submit review ›
Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
53 of 115 Air Asia reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Dec 31, 2015 #1086777

Whether you have the proper passports, visas, or right to enter a country is SOLELY the responsibility of the passenger, not the airlines. The airlines website states " Before you fly, do ensure that you check the latest information on visas or entry requirements to the country you are flying to." That took all of two minutes to find. If you had checked properly before buying the ticket, you would have saved yourself a lot of trouble.

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.