2.4
Additional Fees
Level of Comfort
Number of Destinations
Quality of Food

Upon trying to board a flight with our boarding passes in hand air Asia requested a visa to enter Vietnam or a boarding pass for our connecting flight out of Vietnam Hanoi. We called Vietnam airlines they said we wouldn’t be able to get a boarding pass until arrival but that air Asia shouldn’t need it and to just show them the confirmation.

Air Asia wouldn’t accept that so we had a supervisor talk with a Vietnam airlines representative, that also wasn’t good enough. Our bags weren’t being checked so for transit (as we were told multiple times by representatives from the US. Consulate and both airlines) we wouldn’t need a visa since we weren’t checking a bag or leaving the airport. After going back and forth with two different supervisors I finally said fine we will use the same visa service we used before, they have an emergency two hour fast pass visa that we could handle on our 2hr 40 min layover in kuala Lampur Malaysia.

Air Asia would still not let us on the flight even though we had boarding passes for kuala lampur and would have a visa by the time we arrived in Vietnam. The second supervisor that the “on the ground supervisor” had called told me sorry it’s our guidelines, and I asked where it said that when booking the tickets or when we’re we notified anytime thereafter that this was a guideline because it certainly is not a law or international regulation. He didn’t give me an answer so I again inquired how would we have known that it was required and he hung up on me. I’d like to add that the staff on the ground were snickering and laughing as my friend was in tears as we were trying to get back home after long travels.

I want a detailed explanation of why we weren’t able to board our flight, an apology would be nice but certainly a full refund including the checked baggage fees we never checked.

I’ve contacted air Asia in every way possible they responded once via a TWITTER message stating they would only give us a partial credit (which is obviously not acceptable). I responded and they never responded again, that was 5 days ago.

Comments